Monday, August 10, 2015

Eeyore becomes a PUPPY!

Thus far, Eeyore has been a fearful puppy. Completely unsure of the world around him. Today marks 2 weeks since Maverick Pet Transport pulled this frightened pup from a very scary shelter and allowed my husband and I to foster him. He is only 1 of 3 fosters the rescue has at the moment, since they, as their name implies, mostly assists in the transport of pups to their new homes or from shelter to waiting foster family. My husband and I are blessed that they have allowed us to save this pups life, for had he remained at the shelter.... well... lets not think of that shall we???

Lets think of the FUN stuff!!!!

Some of you readers are friends of mine on Facebook and although I do try to update my wall with photos, and information, I try to not FLOOD it like I see some peoples walls (how annoying). Most photos and videos will be here, but you may see some that are on FB also.

"Look at me. I'm a fearless guard dog!"
"WOAH!!! What was THAT?!?! I don't think I want to be a guard dog anymore"

Aaaand with that.... Eeyore is really starting to come around. He's still afraid of new things, but he's getting quicker; 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes, at overcoming the fear and realizing that he's OK.

Here is a photo of the first time I have seen him act like a puppy of his age....I was out in my garden harvesting some beans, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and lettuce for that nights dinner. I could hear him barking inside but thought he was just upset that I stopped playing with him... I returned to....sigh....

Apparently he thought his "room" needed redecorating, and, of course, not complete without the pile of goo on his pad.... puppies.

Last evening Eeyore received another bath. Not because he had fleas, which he still does not. YAY! But because he has this wonderful habit of sitting while he's peeing. Yes, he is the ULTIMATE lazy pee'r, and it gets everywhere!

See for yourself.... I wasn't trying to video him peeing, I thought he was going to come to me  for the first time..... I was wrong.



But the best part of these past 24 hours has been serious playtime!!!
 (link will open in new window)
... Lexi does what most mother dogs do when chastising their young, so dont be alarmed if you here her growl at him once or twice. She's just telling him in dog language that he needs to calm down...


Night all! I'll write again soon with more fun updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please bookmark Eeyore's blog and come back daily. He'll have something new and exciting to report.